Saturday, January 6, 2024

Antique Photo Caption Contest

 
Hello, everyone! It has been quite some time since I posted, so it's time to make my grand re-entrance with a fun contest. With so much negative news lately, I thought I would I would start this year with a happy topic—babies!

Over the years I have presented a variety of my collections, but without question my main and largest collection is early photographs. Although very few of my photographs are of babies, I do have some that display a special added attribute, as demonstrated by each of today’s photos.

I have decided to make this a caption contest. Think of creative captions for any or all of these photographs, and enter them in the comments. 

 

#1 Keys
What could be better than a happy, smiling baby? This particular smile was induced by handing the baby a key ring, showing that things have not changed much over the years. Of course, since this photo is over 100 years old, these are old-fashioned skeleton and cabinet keys.

 

 
 
 
 #2 Toy
What baby doesn’t love a fuzzy, cuddly toy animal? Apparently, this baby doesn’t, and his facial expression and body language say it all in this photograph.




 #3 Cornet
You all know how much I love the cornet, so acquiring this photo was inevitable. The baby, on the other hand, doesn’t seem too pleased with his parents’ musical ambitions for him.

 

Let these cute babies inspire you, and please enter your captions in the comments. I am not quite sure yet how the grand reveal will work, but I will turn on comment moderation in the meantime.

I am looking forward to your replies! 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Dearest Jim,
    Photo #1 shows such perfect lace work and a happy baby which is KEY!
    Photo # 2 Bear is not yet a bosom friend!
    Photo # 3 Guess that cornet was COLD
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tundra Bunny here...

    #1 -- "Hey, I finally got the keys to the liquor cabinet: let's PAR-TAY!"

    #2 -- "You said I'd get a Steiff teddy bear if I was good..."

    #3 -- "You want me to blow what where?!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 -- "Why couldn't I have been born in an era with cute plush toys instead of this ugly hell hound?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. "I promise I'll have it back by midnight, Dad."
    2. "Trust my cheapskate parents to get me a public domain Winnie-the-Pooh."
    3. "You mean I have to play my own lullaby?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jim - it is really good to see you back in this space again.
    d
    1. Look! I've found my keys but where are my glasses?
    2. No! I am not going to cuddle it.
    3. I asked for a rattle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everyone, Just a reminder that I am saving (moderating) comments for a few days until the "big reveal."

    Also, please feel free to add extra entries, if you so desire!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picture number one: "I picked Daddy's pocket. Now to find the liquor cabinet."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello JIm, It's nice to give us a chance to train our imaginations.
    #1: I hold the key to make the world happier than ever.
    #2: May I take the baby for a walk?
    #3: Mama, just stop kissing dada and make the pleasant noise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Number 1 = Mine
    Number 2= Do I have too?
    Number 3 = Big to be a RATTLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 - what are you looking at, tough guy #2- What do you mean he's cuter than me? #3 - But it's bigger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. #2. "I don't trust this babysitter"

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 Keys -Thanks Mum! No, of course I won't scratch it!
    #2 Toy - Are you sure it's got no teeth?
    #3 Cornet - Noooo Dad, I said I wanted a cornetto, not a cornet!
    ( A cornetto is an ice cream in a cone in the UK)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think. Please feel free to comment--no tricky security words required! Any difficulties or questions, email at: clavicytherium@yahoo.com